The Florida Launch and face-off specialist Chris Mattes have agreed to a two-year contract extension through the 2018 season.
“Face-offs are key to success in the MLL and Chris is a proven vet. He is a tremendous teammate who wants to help the Launch win a championship,” said Launch Head Coach Tom Mariano. “His best years are ahead of him.”
Mattes will enter his fourth season with the team as the winningest face-off specialist in Launch history with 510 wins at the X. During the 2016 season, he earned his first career MLL All-Star Game selection and is now primed for another run.
“Obviously I would love to make the All-Star Game again but more importantly I want to do anything I can to make it to the playoffs and win a championship,” said Mattes. “I think we are returning a lot [of players] which will help build our chemistry and I think the younger guys last year now have another year under their belt which helps a lot.”
The Launch are set to return to action on April 22 as a part of a three game roadshow dubbed “The Florida Tour.” The tour will take professional lacrosse to three different Florida cities for the first time. Mattes expressed his excitement for returning to action as a part of the special three game run. “I think having the first three games in different cities is going to help grow the Launch brand and help expand lacrosse as a whole throughout Florida,” said Mattes.
To reserve your seat for all of the action, visit
www.floridalaunchlacrosse.com/tickets or call 561-923-9067 for more information.